Mometason-ratiopharm hay fever spray, 18 g
Manufacturer: ratiopharm GmbH
Instruction: Download PDF
Content: 18 g
Reward Points: 132
Availability: Out of stock
from German pharmacies to your address
Instructions for use for Mometason-ratiopharm hay fever spray, 18 g
Mometasonratiopharm® hay fever spray
Active ingredient: mometasonfuroat.
Application in adults for symptomatic treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis, provided that the first diagnosis of seasonal allergic rhinitis has been made by a doctor.
Warning: Medicines contain benzalkonium chloride.
Read the package supplement and ask your doctor or pharmacist for risks and side effects.
Detailed instructions for Mometason-ratiopharm hay fever spray, 18 g
Field of use
- What is the preparation?
- The nasal spray contains mometasonfuroat, a fabric from the group of so -called corticosteroids. Mometasonfuroat should not be confused with anabolic steroids that are misused by some athletes and used as tablets or injections. If Mometasonfuroat is sprayed into the nose, this can help to alleviate inflammation (swelling and irritation of the nose), sneezing, itchy and a clogged or running nose.
- What is the preparation used for?
- It is used in adults to treat the complaints of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis), provided that the initial diagnosis of the hay fever has been carried out by a doctor.
- Hay fever that occurs at certain times a year is an allergic reaction caused by the inhalation of pollen of trees, grasses and also mold and fungal spores. The nasal spray reduces the swelling and irritation in its nose and thus relieves sneezes, itching and a clogged or running nose caused by hay fever.
- If you don't feel better or worse after a few days, please contact your doctor.
Active ingredients / ingredients / ingredients
0.052 mg Mometason Furoat 1 water
0.041 mg Mometason
0.05 mg Mometason Furoat
Carmellosis, sodium salt auxiliary material (+)
Cellulose, microcrystalline auxiliary material (+)
Citronic acid 1-water auxiliary material (+)
Glycerol auxiliary substance (+)
Sodium citrat auxiliary substance (+)
Polysorbate 80 HILDVERSTOFT (+)
Water, for injection purposes auxiliary material (+)
0.02 mg benzalkonium chloride auxiliary material (+)
- The nasal spray must not be used,
- if you are allergic to Mometasonfuroat or one of the other components of this medicine.
- if you have an untreated infection in your nose. The use of the preparation during an untreated infection of the nose, such as herpes, can worsen the infection. You should wait until the infection has subsided before you start using the nasal spray.
- if you recently had an operation on your nose or you injured your nose. You shouldn't start using the nasal spray before your nose heals.
- Always apply this medicine exactly by consultation with your doctor or pharmacist. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Do not apply the nasal spray in a higher dosage or more frequently or for a longer period of time than prescribed by your doctor.
- The recommended dose is once two sprays in each nose opening.
- In some patients, the nasal spray begins to relieve the symptoms within 12 hours after the first dose, but the full effect of the treatment cannot yet be observed during the first two days. Therefore, you should continue to use the medicine regularly to achieve the full effect of the treatment.
- As soon as your symptoms are under control, your doctor can advise you to reduce the dose of a spray in every nose opening.
- If there is no improvement, you should see your doctor. He can advise you to increase the dose: The maximum daily dose is four sprays once a day in each nose opening.
- If you are very suffering hay fever can advise you to start using the nasal spray before the pollen season, as this will help prevent the occurrence of your hay fever complaints. At the end of the pollen season, your hay fever complaints should improve, so that treatment should no longer be necessary.
- If you have used a larger amount than you should
- Share your doctor if you have accidentally applied a larger amount than you should.
- If you apply steroids for a long time or in large quantities, in rare cases they can influence some of their hormones. In children, this can have an impact on growth and development.
- If you have forgotten the application
- If you have forgotten the timely use of your nasal spray, apply it as soon as you notice this and then continue as before. Do not apply twice the amount if you have forgotten the previous application.
- If you cancel the application
- In some patients, the nasal spray can make the symptoms easier 12 hours after the first dose; However, the full effect of the treatment can only be felt after two days. It is very important that you use your nasal spray regularly. Don't stop treatment, even if you feel better, unless your doctor recommended it to you.
- If you have any further questions about the application of this medicine, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Preparation of your nasal spray for application
- Your nasal spray has a protective cap that protects the nose piece and keeps it clean. Remember to remove it before using the spray and then set it up again.
- When you use the spray for the first time, you have to prepare the bottle by pressing the spray 10 times until a fine spray is created:
- 1. Shake the bottle carefully.
- 2. Place your index and middle finger on one side of the nose piece and your thumb under the bottle. Do not penetrate the outlet opening of the nose piece.
- 3. Keep the nose piece away and press down with your fingers to press the spray 10 times until a fine spray is generated.
- If you have not used the nasal spray for 14 days or longer, you have to prepare it again by pressing the spray 2 times until a fine spray is created.
- How to use the nasal spray
- 1. Shake the bottle carefully and remove the protective cap from the nose piece
- 2. Clean your nose.
- 3. Close a nose opening and insert the nose piece into the other nose opening. Tilt your head slightly forward and keep the bottle upright.
- 4. Begin it easily to breathe in your nose. As you inhale, spray a spray of fine sprays into your nose by pressing down with your fingers.
- 5. Exhale your mouth. Repeat step 4 to give a second spray in the same nose opening if necessary.
- 6. Take the nose piece out of this nose opening and breathe out through your mouth.
- 7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for the other nose opening. After use, clean the nose piece with a clean handkerchief and put on the protective cap.
- Cleaning your nasal spray
- It is important to clean the nasal spray regularly, otherwise it may not work perfectly.
- To do this, remove the protective cap and carefully pull off the nose piece.
- Clean the nose piece and protective cap into warm water and then rinse both under running water.
- Do not try to open the outlet opening of the nose piece with a needle or a sharp object, because this damages the nose piece and you do not get the right dose of the drug.
- Let the nose piece and protective cap dry in a warm place.
- Put the nose piece back on the bottle and put the protective cap.
- The nasal spray must be prepared again with 2 sprays before the first use after cleaning.
- Warnings and Precautions
- Please speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine,
- if you have tuberculosis or ever had.
- if you have any other infection.
- if you apply other corticosteroid -containing medicines, both for taking and injection.
- if you have cystic fibrosis (cystic fibrosis).
- Please speak to your doctor while using the preparation,
- if your immune system does not work well (if you have difficulty warding off infections) and you come into contact with people who have measles or chickenpox. You should avoid contact with people who have these infections.
- if you have an infection of the nose or throat.
- if you apply the medicine over several months or more.
- if you have a constant irritation of the nose or throat.
- If corticosteroid nasal sprays are used in high doses over long periods of time, side effects can occur due to the drugs absorbed into the body.
- If your eyes are itchy or irritated, your doctor can recommend other treatment methods together with the nasal spray.
- Please speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine,
- Wateriness and ability to operate machines
- No information is known about the influence of the drug on the roadworthiness and the ability to use machines.
- There is almost no information on the use of the drug for pregnant women.
- It is not known whether Mometasonfuroat gets into breast milk.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeed, or if you suspect that you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this drug.
ratiopharm GmbH, Graf-Arco-Straße 3, 89079 Ulm
Mometason ratiopharm hay fever spray (pack size: 18 g) are subject to pharmacy and can be purchased in your mail order pharmacy Apodiscounter.
Write a review
ALLERGO-MOMELIND Doppelh.50 µg/Spr.St. 140Spr.St.
ABTEI Meersalz Nasenspray NF
Popular in Nasal spray & nasal drops
EMSER Nasendusche mit 4 Btl.Nasenspülsalz